Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
stolen pics
Post stolen pics 
just checked out a website called newbienudes and found one of my pics on a pofile named Bea61 you might want to check to see if your pics are on.
i had to delete the pics and vids with my face showing so it dosent happen again Sad

Post It's a chronic problem... 
I had my vids stolen and posted on at least one other site, who knows how many others they got posted to. It's so easy for people to steal vids and pics that I highly recommend keeping your face obscured. Thankfully, I did that in advance with my vids. Sorry you had to go through this.

Hottie

Can you give me the exact page you stolen photo appears on. We can try to get it down for you.

Stolen photos and videos is a problem, but it can be subsctantially reduced by watermarking videos either "yuvutu" or something else appropriate like "(c) bi-lady"

Post Watermark 
My vids and my pics all have watermarks, and this didn't prevent posting on another site. The watermark was intact and still uploaded. So, I don't think your suggestions change anything admin.

does raise questions of the other sites ethics though

midagehottie, it does change things: it reduces the chances of being stolen significantly. Most of the videos that we have seen posted on other sites do not contain the watermark.

To be very blunt, if you can see it on your screen, somebody can come up with a way to steal it. Determined people will always find a way, sad to say. You can't stop it all, but you can help to discourage it. As Admin suggested, when you upload images or video, select to have the Yuvutu watermark added (Personally I think this should be mandatory).

When the logo is on there, more than likely the person trying to steal it will skip it because they don't want to deal with trying to remove the logo, and most of the time they don't want to tip off anybody that the video is stolen from another site. Trying to remove the logo means either cutting off a chunk of the video/image, which makes it look bad, or trying to cover up the logo, which makes it look like an even worse hackjob. Also, with the logo there, if it is uploaded to another site that has a review process, the logo will tip them off that the video is stolen and will likely check back here with Admin to see if that is the case.

If you see a video that you recognize from here on another site, and you cannot tell if it was uploaded by the same person who has an account here, feel FREE to raise the alarms. If you know the user from here who owns the video, let them know. Also send an e-mail to Admin using the 'Feedback' link at the top of every page, provide a URL if you can and all the info that you can. The Admin team works very hard to keep this from happening, and has good relationships with the operators of many of the popular video sites to get these issues resolved.

Last edited by kyxtian on 2009-01-23 01:33:48; edited 1 time in total
Saxon I have deleted your post and kyxtian I have censored part of your post, because you both give out too much information on how to steal videos and pictures and that is counter-productive to this thread.

Admin, sorry was not posting for that reason, just trying to help the site better for all not abused. :(

Post Problems with watermark on videos? 
Admin,

It seems that the watermark doesn't appear on the videos.
An uploader said he wanted his video appears with a watermark, he has selected "If you check this option, a watermark of" yuvutu.com "will be added to the top-left corner of this video", but without result and his video was not watermarked.
I am not an uploader myself, so I don't know if it's true. In any case, I think you should look into it.

Ps: and apparently, it seems to be the case since December(19th).

Last edited by glory75 on 2009-01-26 05:20:48; edited 1 time in total
Is there a way to embed the logo on the video player itself?

I was in the chatroom recently and a person mentioned that they were worried that thier videos may have been posted on another website.
I asked them if it was on ************ website. Suddenly I was muted- then banned for breaking the rules, presumably by a the moderator. (This was even after I said the other website was crap!).
Maybe he/she thought I was spamming for another website?.
Pretty heavy-handed considering the subject being discussed!.

Electar, sorry about that. You have been unbanned from the chat room.

Post pics 
Admin, photos from mr (karamba7) were stolen from me by robmeister and put on back here as they are his. Pls check and let me no what can you do. Can you delete them and maybe ban robmeister from the site?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1