Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
NEED ADVICE!!! What's attractive to women???
Post NEED ADVICE!!! What's attractive to women??? 
Okay, I'm frustrated.

I'm a normal 19 year old guy. I'm average height, and I'm a little overweight. I'm 200 lbs, which isn't too bad, I guess. I have a receding hairline, which sucks, but other than that, nothing terrible.

What is so damn hard about getting a girlfriend? Is it just me, or does absolutely NO girl find me attractive? I've never asked a girl out, but no girl ever seems interested. I don't ever see any clues that a girl's interested.

I have had one girlfriend, but we were friends forever first. That's not likely to happen again.

What I don't understand is that I see all these losers with 10-star girlfriends, and I'm a guy in college (straight As) who's doing pretty good for himself, and I can't seem to find a girl who shows interest. I mean, I hold a steady job, drive a nice car, I'm nice, but wtf?

Should I just randomly start making a fool of myself by asking random girls out? Chances are, I'll feel even worse.

So, what is it ladies? If I came up to you and asked you out, would it totally ruin your day? If not, would you even give me the time of day?

Oh shit... I didn't realize this was a story board. My bad.

You say you are a nice guy, and perhaps that may be part of the issue! I know it sounds odd, but you may like to check out some of these books to see what I mean:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FNo-More-Mr-Nice-Guy%2Fdp%2F0762415339%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dbooks%26qid%3D1183661846%26sr%3D8-1&tag=gowhere&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FBecome-Alpha-Male-John-Alexander%2Fdp%2F1411636600%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dbooks%26qid%3D1183662100%26sr%3D1-1&tag=gowhere&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738

Thanks. That was actually a big help. But rather than buy those books, I found similar information from those books on Youtube by searching those books and ideas. I know it didn't get as in-depth, but it put into perspective ideas I never really thought of before. Mainly chickmagnet101.com helped alot on youtube. They posted alot of movies concerning their book.

Sigh...I just really don't want to spend money for a book, and then not even read it. I've done that before... alot.

Glad those suggestions were of some help to you.

As for the YouTube stuff, I didn't realise that such material existed there. I myself am a tragic people pleaser and I will certainly take the time to look at the posts on YouTube.

Well, on Youtube, I searched for one of the techniques in one of those books you mentioned. It's called the 'Push/Pull" technique. I found one clip about it on the first list of search hits. And from that movie, there was alot more.

Then I downloaded a book from Chickmagnet101.com

Good information. Uh...I still find it difficult on the actual playing field, though. It's hard because I don't THINK of that stuff when I'm out. I don't think, "Check that girls body language" or "Say this, say that, be cool."

But, practice works, hopefully.

Although it seems strange, a lot of techniques the PUA's employ borrow much from the world of self help, using techniques such as NLP etc.

Authors such as Carlos Xuma or David DeAngelo espouse what they refer to as "deep inner game", which I guess in lay man's terms means, be the best you can be. Before you begin chasing that girl (BTW both authors would say that you should never chase a girl) you need to work on yourself. Set goals in areas of your life (health, appearance, finance etc.) and strive to achieve them, if you do this successfully, self confidence by the bucket load will be yours. The benefit of the this, is that you don't have memorize lines or learn techniques, you just be yourself. The ladies always like a guy who is self confident, poised, and knows how to handle himself. Remember, it's OK to want a girl, but never to need her, and the best pick up line is still "Hi" :)

Hey, you're only 19, so you have plenty of time to get good at this :)

Lol, yeah, I heard about this movie called "The Tau of Steve." I read it was the best movie to watch about this sort of thing. It brings up the same concepts about doing it for yourself rather than for a girl. I can't find the movie anywhere, though.

Plenty of time? I went 18 years until I got my first girlfriend. It lasted six months. Now, let's hope I don't have to wait another 18 years. That means I'll be 36. Sigh...

I hate women. Smile

Just be happy in youself. Get a trendy haircut (receeding? just number 2 or 1 cut is cool)....new clothes....good pair of jeans and fashionable shirt. Get good casual shoes and a good watch. Women notice the watch and shoes....trust me.

Have a shower each morning. Go light on the aftershave (or not at all as in my case). Number one for keep yourself neat and tidy is....NAILS! Keep them clean and short. Women will look at your nails. Keep the teeth clean and brush after a spicy meal.

In conversation with your mates...never swear or talk loudly. Women are listening.

It helps if you have a sense of humour....recall funny stories that's happened to you in conversation with women. They do like a man with a sense of humour.

If you want to meet women...try gigs. Lots to talk about before and after the gig and you have an interest in music. Thats a good ice-breaker.

You sound like a good guy.....hope you find the lady of your dreams.

Haha...it's funny that you mentioned the nails. I have a TERRIBLE habit of biting my nails. I heard once before that women are big into clean, short nails. I gotta work on that.

I'm good with the showers, and I don't wear any aftershave, but I do wear cologne. Not too much... LOL, I had a bad experience with too much cologne. I'll make sure that will NEVER happen again! Smile

I do swear a good bit... BAD habit also. I'm very professional in my work environment, though, which is good, but I see what you mean.

Got humour down basically because that's a natural thing. You either have it, or you don't. Personally, I kinda have it, but I'm no Dane Cook.

I've never been to a gig. I never really thought about going... I might try it sometime.

Thank you for the advice. It really helps alot. The hardest thing will be to stop biting my nails! lol.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1